Denton Vacuum provides thin film solutions used to create the world’s most innovative products. With operations in the United States and Asia, Denton provides thin film deposition solutions used for a wide array of applications in the optoelectronics market including precision optical filters, lasers, IR detectors, sensors, 5G wireless components, micro-displays, etc. Denton’s technology portfolio includes sputtering, e-beam & thermal evaporation, ion-beam etch, ion-beam deposition, ion-beam-assisted deposition (IBAD), and plasma-enhanced-chemical-vapor deposition (PECVD).
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The candidate will serve as a subject matter expert for developing thin film optical coating solutions employing ion-beam deposition and ion-beam etch. Provide technical support to Engineering, Operation, Sales, and Product Marketing departments. Function as an in-house optics expert and assist with equipment design, vendor selection, experimental design and analysis, and presentation of findings.
- Performs process set-up and demonstration runs on customer samples to illustrate standard capabilities of Ion Beam Etch and Deposition equipment.
- Conducts gap analysis between standard equipment performance and customer specified requirements.
- Designs, performs, and analyzes process modifications aimed at meeting customer specifications.
- Prepares technical reports for customers detailing the results of equipment qualification.
- Forms detailed plans to achieve project goals within equipment capability and within an appropriate timeframe.
- Designs, performs, and analyzes processes and assist in equipment modifications aimed at meeting project goals.
- Coordinates development work with customers/third parties.
- Works effectively in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Prepares reports detailing results of process/equipment development.
- Writes reports for external publication.
- Contributes to the preparation of technical sales material.
- Performs customer presentations.
- Participates in technical visits during and after the sales cycle.
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting on products in the field.
- Applies formal problem-solving methodologies to solve problems at customer sites.
- Maintains current of technical progress in literature.
- Contributes to technical specification reviews.
- Demonstrates equipment / process capability during Internal Factory Acceptance testing.
- It is every employee’s responsibility to be aware of and adhere to the applicable Safety & Health, Quality and Environmental Process of our client.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Physics, or related discipline is required. Masters Degree a plus.
- 5-10 years of experience in thin film deposition process is essential. Experience with Ion beam deposition or etch process is a plus.
- Vacuum deposition equipment experience is essential. Experience with Ion beam deposition or etch equipment is a plus.
- Thin film characterization equipment in spectrophotometer, stylus profilometer, and four-point probe is essential. Experience with SEM and surface analysis is a plus.
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment.
- Lead effectively by clearly communicating expectations while following through on deliverables.
- Ability to build trust at all levels and a willingness to be “hands-on”.
- Strong customer facing skills.
- Comfortable in a small organization where you must “wear many hats”.
Due to iTar guidelines candidate must be a US Citizen.
Relocation available for the right candidate.
Denton Vacuum, LLC offers a competitive benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, life & 401K.
Please forward salary requirements along with resume to: email@example.com.
Denton Vacuum, LLC is an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.