Denton Vacuum provides thin film solutions used to create the world’s most innovative products. With operations in the United States and Asia, Denton provides thin film deposition solutions used for a wide array of applications in the optoelectronics market including precision optical filters, lasers, IR detectors, sensors, 5G wireless components, micro-displays, etc. Denton’s technology portfolio includes sputtering, e-beam & thermal evaporation, ion-beam etch, ion-beam deposition, ion-beam-assisted deposition (IBAD), and plasma-enhanced-chemical-vapor deposition (PECVD).
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Support, design, develop, and supervise all aspects of software for Denton’s Vacuum Equipment including programming and technical support of Windows and PLC based hardware and software. Candidate will have knowledge of higher level programming languages including C#.NET.
- Develop software system design solutions based on engineering principles and market requirements.
- Ability to architect programs that are simple to test, well documented and versatile.
- Able to work directly with customer in a professional manner to resolve technical issues related to system controls.
- Support manufacture, build and validation of systems which include pneumatics, vacuum pumps, power supplies, controllers, servos, vfd’s, relays, communication networks, touchscreens, pushbuttons and robotic integration.
- Willing to work hands-on with hardware to test, debug or demonstrate software.
- Provide technical support to external and internal customers.
- Resolve operational problems related to projects and minimize delays or unexpected cost increases.
- Responsible for project success whether project leader or as part of a project team.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed for all work completed.
- Support sales team in pre-sales technical concept and budgeting activities.
- Software design of customized solutions including manufacturing automation and safety systems.
- Analyze project requirements and write detailed specification for development by an outside contractor, as needed.
- Performs any related tasks, as assigned.
- Up to 10% travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related Technical Degree
- 5-7 years experience software development in a capital equipment environment.
- In-depth familiarity with programming in structured text and C#.
- Preferred knowledge of structure text and ladder logic programming in Emerson PAC Machine Edition (GE Proficy Machine Edition)
- PEER Tool Orchestrator (PTO) knowledge desired, but not required
- Ability to develop GUI objects using XAML and C# in Visual Studio
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Due to iTar guidelines candidate must be a US Citizen.
Relocation available for the right candidate.
Denton Vacuum, LLC offers a competitive benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, life & 401K.
Please forward salary requirements along with resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Denton Vacuum, LLC is an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.