Denton Vacuum provides thin film solutions used to create the world’s most innovative products. With operations in the United States and China, Denton provides thin film deposition solutions used for a wide array of applications used in the optoelectronics market including; precision optical filters, lasers, IR detectors, sensors and micro-displays. Denton’s technology portfolio includes sputtering, e-beam & thermal evaporation, ion-beam-assisted deposition (IBAD) and plasma-enhanced-chemical-vapor deposition (PECVD). Denton US Operations include a modern factory and applications lab located in Moorestown, NJ.
A Mechanical Design Engineer will research, plan and design mechanical and electromechanical products and systems and direct and coordinate activities involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and repair of mechanical products and systems.
- Problem identification and troubleshooting a variety of difficult mechanical problems with limited supervision.
- Define, coordinate, perform, and document engineering test reports with limited supervision.
- Develop, design, or modify mechanical engineering layouts/schematics and/or detailed drawings/specifications of difficult scope.
- Perform engineering analysis of difficult scope with limited supervision (FEA, CFD, Macroflow).
- Technically lead and/or execute engineering projects, including development of key suppliers.
- Generate mechanical product specifications.
- May be responsible for the design, development and implementation of custom mechanical tooling, fixturing, and associated processes to enable the handling, assembly and/or disassembly of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies throughout the product life cycle.
- Establishes standards across all operational processes.
- Specify, generate and review engineering documentation.
- Develops and implements concepts for variety of complex product issues and mechanical and electro-mechanical solutions.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies.
- Ability to logically identify and reduce risk in complex engineering designs.
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines.
- 5+ years of experience in capital equipment design.
- Demonstrates expertise in Solidworks, Solidworks Simulation, and Flow Simulation is a plus.
- Experience with MRP systems. Epicor ERP software experience is a plus.
- Demonstrates understanding of process from conceptual design to volume manufacturing.
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 7+ years of experience in mechanical equipment and/or system design.
Denton Vacuum offers a competitive salary and benefits package (Health, Dental, Life & 401K)
For consideration please forward salary requirements along with resume to email@example.com.
Denton Vacuum, LLC is an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.
Due to ITAR regulation this position requires US Citizenship.