Denton Vacuum provides thin film solutions used to create the world’s most innovative products. With operations in the United States and China, Denton provides thin film deposition solutions used for a wide array of applications used in the optoelectronics market including; precision optical filters, lasers, IR detectors, sensors and micro-displays. Denton’s technology portfolio includes sputtering, e-beam & thermal evaporation, ion-beam-assisted deposition (IBAD) and plasma-enhanced-chemical-vapor deposition (PECVD). Denton US Operations include a modern factory and applications lab located in Moorestown, NJ.
Designs, develops, and supervises all aspects of electrical control systems for Denton’s Coating Equipment including programming and technical support of PLC based hardware and software.
- Develop electrical/controls system design solutions based on engineering principles and market requirements.
- Develop both project specific and standardized bill of materials.
- Interpret client requirements, identify and address design parameters and engineering problems and ensure solutions are implemented accurately and within budget.
- Able to work directly with customer in a professional manner to resolve technical issues related to system controls.
- Provide technical support to external and internal customers.
- Resolve operational problems related to projects and minimize delays or unexpected cost increases.
- Responsible for project success whether as project leader or as part of a project team.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed for all work completed.
- Support sales team in pre-sales technical concept and budgeting activities.
- Software design of customized solutions including manufacturing automation and safety systems.
- Prepares interim project status reports.
- Analyze project requirements and perform technical calculations supporting design including electrical requirements, robotic safety standards, and motor controls.
- Create customer documentation such as user manuals, programming diagrams, network diagrams, and electrical drawings.
- Support manufacturing, build and validation of systems which include pneumatics, vacuum pumps, power supplies, controllers, servos, vfd’s, relays, communication networks, touchscreens, pushbuttons and robotic integration.
- Ability to architect programs that are simple to test, well documented and versatile.
- Performs any related tasks, as assigned.
- Up to 10% travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or related Technical Degree
- 4+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must be a US Citizen per iTar regulations.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and project plans.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Proficient with MS Office, HMI/SCADA Software, Programmable Logic Controllers and AutoCAD Electrical.
- Proficient in higher level programming languages, including C#.
Experiences desired but not required:
- GE PLC/CIMPLICITY programming knowledge
- LEAN/Six Sigma
- Capital Equipment manufacturing experience especially in semiconductor, thin films or coating industries.
- EPICOR ERP
Denton Vacuum, LLC has a competitive salary and benefits package including health, dental, life and 401K. Interested candidates must submit salary requirements along with resume for consideration. Please email resumes to: email@example.com.
Denton Vacuum is an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v